March 3, 2021 — Innovations in Unconventionals: An Alberta-Pennsylvania Oil & Gas Cleantech Forum
The Consulate General of Canada and the Pittsburgh Tech Council held a conference highlighting cleantech innovation in the Canadian and American oil and natural gas sector. Cleantech is crucial to this industry’s ability to fulfill its essential role in the global move to a sustainable, prosperous, and equitable world economy. Hear the latest from Albertan and Pennsylvanian officials, companies, and sectors organizations on how the most urgent climate and environmental issues are being addressed, the business and investment opportunities that exist, and what state and provincial governments are doing to support innovation in the sector.
Watch the recording here.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This keynote fireside chat was between the Alberta Minister of Energy and Pennsylvania’s Secretary of Community and Economic Development. The conversation focused on the latest in cleantech in Alberta and Pennsylvania (including efforts to reduce methane and other emissions, and to protect and reclaim the environment), what business and investment opportunities exist in developing these technologies for unconventional oil and gas, and what the state/provincial governments are doing to support innovation in the sector.
- Sonya Savage, Alberta Minister of Energy
- Dennis Davin, Pennsylvania Secretary of Community and Economic Development
- Moderated by: Audrey Russo, President and CEO, Pittsburgh Technology Council
This informative panel discussion featured a mix of Canadians and Americans from the oil/gas and cleantech sectors. Each spoke specifically about the climate and environmental challenges they find most urgent to address, the technologies they are inventing to do so, and what they require to enhance their chances of successfully developing/deploying/scaling that tech.
- Joy Romero, VP Technology & Innovation, Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Larry Fredrick, Senior Technical Advisor, Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada
- Grant Sprague, Deputy Minister, Alberta Energy
- Denise Brinley, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Office of Energy
- Domenic Tedesco, P.E., Environmental Manager, Air Programs, PennEnergy Resources LLC